ABOUT TEACHING IN INDIA
One of the most enigmatic and beautiful countries, rich in architecture and natural wonders, India is famous for its exotic and unique culture. The Indian people are among the friendliest in the world, and students are polite, fun and extremely keen to learn English.
India is a developing economy in Asia with close relationships to western countries. Many companies and factories in India work tightly with western business partners. Therefore, the need for business English teachers is very high in India. Due to English being an official language in India, children begin to learn the language at an early age giving lots of opportunities to teach young learners as well. As you can see, you will have little trouble finding a suitable teaching position in India.
JOIN OUR GLOBAL TEACHING INTERNSHIP INDIA TODAY!
Spend 4 amazing months teaching English in India
Learn Hindi (2 hours weekly)
Rs. 7,500 - 10,000 monthly living allowance
Teach 5 classes daily (45 minutes per class)
All positions are with local public and private schools
Starting Date: Ongoing
4 day orientation on arrival
Choose from Tamil Nadu. Punjab, Kerala, Chattisgarh or Haryana
NO TEACHING EXPERIENCE NECESSARY!
NO UNIVERSITY DEGREE NECESSARY!
NON-NATIVE SPEAKERS ACCEPTED!
THIS IS HOW INTERNSHIP WORKS!
TEFL internships are a great way to start your teaching adventure. There is plenty of support during the entire programme and limited to a short term teaching experience. There is no need to sign a long-term teaching contract and you´ll have a chance to learn and share with other teachers arriving with you. Don´t worry about being alone, we will always place you with a fellow programme participant so you don´t worry about being the only foreigner in your area.
ARE YOU ELIGIBLE?
- Be physically and mentally fit
- TEFL/TESOL certification preferred – Sign up for your TEFL course here
- Be a fluent English speaker
- Aged minimum 18 years old
- Cultural sensitivity
- Be adaptable, patient, caring and flexible
DATES AND FEES
Just: £625 - $873 USD - €705
Includes: Spend 4 amazing months teaching English in India + Learn Hindi (2 hours weekly) + 120 Hour Online TEFL course + Orientation + Rs. 7,500 - 10,000 monthly living allowance + Accommodation & meals + Teach 5 classes daily (45 minutes per class) + All positions are with local + public and private schools + Arrive April 15th, May 15th, June 15th, July 15th, Aug 15th, Sep 15th, Oct 15th or Nov 15th + 4 day orientation on arrival + Choose from Tamil Nadu. Punjab, Kerala, Chattisgarh or Haryana
- Flexible start dates anytime between April and November 2018
- Four month placement
Option A – Teach in Punjab
- Punjab means the land of five rivers
- Check out the legendary Golden Temple, a sanctuary of spirituality with healing waters which attract travellers from all corners of India
- Visit Nek Chand Rock Garden complete with its amazing collection of 2000 rock sculptures crafted by a local transport officer!
- Watch the rural Olympics at Kila Raipur
- Interact with the locals who will invite you into their homes and host you like a long lost family member!
Interns who want the Punjab option will receive a free one-way onward flight from Trivandrum to Delhi and then coach or rail ticket from Delhi to Barnala.
Option B – Teach in Tamil Nadu
- Save on the washing up and eat a meal from a banana leaf
- Visit the Great Living Chola temples which date back to the 10th Century
- Watch a Rajanikanth movie and celebrate a local cult hero!
- Drink strong coffee in a Tamil style cup locally known as davarah
- Meet tribal villagers in the Nilgiris and learn about centuries old customs
Option C - Teach in Mumbai
- Sample the relentless energy of India's financial powerhouse
- Visit nearby Elephanta Island with its ancient cave temples dedicated to Shiva
- Take a tour of Fort and Colaba, Mumbai's most famous precincts, including the Gateway of India, Taj Mahal hotel and Crawford Market
- Explore Mumbai's myriad of tangled bazaars including the famous Lalbagh Spice Market
- Check out Sassoon Docks fish market, a hardy place where locals haul their catch each dawn!
Option D - Teach in Chattisgarh
- Soak up the outstanding natural beauty of India's most densely forested state
- Visit the Chitrakote Falls, India's broadest waterfall at 300m
- Wander among the atmospheric ruins of dozens of ancient Hindu temples dotted around local villages
ADDITIONAL THINGS TO BUDGET FOR!
- Flight plus your traveler´s insurance
- Visa costs: approximately £48 - $60 USD
- A visa administration fee
- Police check costs: approximately £45 for an ACRO in the UK. Other countries need to check locally.